Monday, August 13, 2012

Number 9!

Well...I hope that you enjoyed that first entry.  Yes...I know...'Nacho Libre'?  Are you kidding me?  No.  It's worth another spin...or...like Willie said in the comments section...if you gave it a pass...why not give it try?  You could always hate it and debunk my myth, right?  Without further blabbering...

Klum's Top Ten Comedies Of All Time!!

Number 9:  Zoolander

I almost forgot this one.  My first memory of this was seeing the poster in a theatre and wondering just what the hell they were trying to tell me...

I didn't read the caption.  Shame on me.
I thought that it might be some kind of Austin Powers retread.  I looked at it from afar and shoved it way, way, way back...so far back that I didn't even see it in theatres or read about it or anything.  I'm not sure where my head was in those days...probably right where it should have been...focused on girls and booze.  Right!?!  Anyway...I was working at a video store at the time and had just reinvigorated a friendship with an old high school chum when we received a preview copy at the store.  I took it home, begrudgingly...89 minutes later I was absolutely obsessed!

I looked like this while watching it.
For me it was the funniest thing I had seen in years.  Like really great Adam Sandler movies...I imagined these guys hanging out, drinking beer and just thinking of the silliest sh*t!  It must be nice to get to a point in Hollywood where you can think of stuff like this...and then actually not have to convince someone that it's worth sinking money into...

No...this is not the long awaited sequel to 'Deliverance'.
And once you start making it...all sorts of people want to show up and work on it...probably for nothing as you are cool and they want a slice...

Can we hurry this up?  I need to get back to my voiceover work on 'Pocahontas II'.
In fact...this is a pretty scathing critique of stardom and Hollywood in general.  Stiller and Co. must have had a good chuckle at the studio executives and just about everyone else that allowed them to do something like this...

Those aren't just regular school girls.  They're Asian!  Hi-ya!!
My friend and I ended up driving out to Dayton, Ohio in a 'death ride for the ages'.  Once we got onto Indiana Avenue...I kissed the ground, went to the liquor store...and then showed anyone and everyone this movie!  Sometimes...sometimes a film comes along that just totally blows it out of the water!  All you can do is 'absorb' it as much and as frequently as possible...this is one of those films!!

Death Ride!
I hear that they are making a sequel to this.  A horrible idea.  It'll just be a retread of these jokes and anger me.  Some jokes are better told once...they stay funnier that way.  Speaking of 'funny'...you find lots of strange stuff when you image search to prep one of these...

That's racist!
'Zoolander' is one fantastic joke after another fantastic joke!  It's endlessly quotable!  And...it pushes more than a few envelopes...

This is not racist!
It's a crime that I almost forgot this one.  I wonder what happened to that VHS copy?  Oh yeah...I left it with my friend Jayson in Ohio.  He still lives at the old place on Indiana Avenue.  He probably doesn't have a VCR anymore.  You know what he does have?  A drive through liquor store about a block away called 'Quick 'n' Cold'.  Kevin renamed it 'Cold 'n' Go'.  He said that sometimes it's just not quick enough...

You freakin' idiot!
 

1 comment:

  1. 'The world's greatest hand model...!'

    "Once Upon a Time.'

    ReplyDelete