Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Windfall

I've noticed a few glitches.  No big deal.  Just some strange goings-on that make me scratch my head.  I'm not complaining.  But it does make one wonder.  Like why when I sat in a barber's chair at Vespucci beach and cycled through the hair styles...somehow corn-rows got burned into my head like black tattoos.  Embarrassing.  I traveled around to three or four different hair places and there was nothing that I could do to make them go away.  So I got a longer hairstyle that covered the 'burns'.  I was going to make up some such story about me being roofied at The Vanilla Unicorn but I decided against it.  And I decided against the longer hair...for now.  That why I was wearing that black beenie in the last photo of my last blog.

Sticks and stones.

After some careful research I think I might have found where the problem lies.  Hackers.  I cruised around the web this morning and found out that there has been, and continues to be, major hacks into the online system.  That must be why 106 million dollars dropped into my account last week.  I wasn't sure what it was.  I did a very simple job that netted me a couple thousand dollars.  I had a bit over 70K and prepared to buy my 6 car garage.  In fact, I did purchase said garage.  And then right after that...I received this windfall.  Didn't even occur to me that it would be hackers.  So naive.

I didn't win it here.

Now don't get me wrong.  It's nice.  It affords you a bunch of cars.  And planes and helicopters.  But a majority of the weapons and a few of the vehicles - like the tank and attack chopper - are still locked.  You still need to complete missions to 'rank up' and unlock these goodies.  Perhaps there are hackers that have done stuff to unlock those too.  I haven't been made aware of it.  It's only been the money.  Now after reading some of the message boards it seems to me that most people are concerned about being banned and/or put into 'cheater pools'.  I would imagine that Rockstar would be able to discern between those 'given' money and those who 'stole' money.  But you know what?  Not my problem.

The purple phallic building seemed like appropriate housing.

That being said...what am I to do?  I could erase my character and start over.  But then I would just get 'windfalled' again.  So I'm putting it on Rockstar.  Yo!  Fix your sh*t.  Don't punish the people out to have fun and enjoy the awesome world that you've created.  Find the hackers and punch them in the lip.  Someone out there said something that I found pretty amusing...and I'll paraphrase...they're going to start punishing people for illegal activity in a game based on illegal activity.  How right is that?  But again...that being said...it sucks that hackers exist in general.

This little hacker went to market...

Little, bored, zitty kids that can't get dates.  So they dip into the online world and f*ck everything up for the rest of us.  After some more interweb readingz...it seems like this problem is quite massive.  How the hell is Rockstar going to fix it?  Again...not my problem.  But I hope they do fix it.  And for the record...after I bought my 6 car garage I had about 2K left in the bank.  So if you 'reset' things...make sure I at least get to keep my stuff.  I also had a couple of cars...but nothing that can't be replaced.  My first car was an Ubermacht Oracle Sedan...in black.  Just an FYI.  But until then...what am I to do?  Some people have said bank the money and send in a ticket item.  Ok...I bank the money...then I keep playing.  I'm going to have to bank that money too.  Then it'll all get mixed and what then?

Another sleazy day in paradise.

The money really hasn't changed much for me.  So I have a bunch of cool cars and an apartment.  It hasn't made me a better street fighter.  You can only own one property at a time so it's not like I'm becoming some sort of real estate mogul.  I still get the tar kicked out of me on a regular basis.

After another ass handing.

So...the economy is broken.  Just like real life.  Until then...I guess I'll keep on keepin' on.  Can't really buy anything.  Even after the second 100 million windfall hit my account last night.  Now I have 203 million dollars and nowhere to spend it.  Other than ammunition and repeated trips to the body armor store.  Not that that does me much good...other than to keep me alive for a few more seconds.  Unless of course I use my patented brake-the-car-get-out-firing-move.  Then I have a chance.  It's 'the drop'...or nothing...

...this little hacker should have stayed home.

We will see when gaming resumes.  I would imagine that after the holidays...Rockstar will get down to fixing the issues.  Hopefully they just don't punish all of us in the process.

Shame, shame Mr. Klum

I told these b*tches to mind their own business.  I told them that I can't give it back.  I told them that I didn't know what to do.  Other than to document it here.  Date stamp this sh*t so I don't get put to the wall for something that I didn't do or can't control.  Then I told them that smoking will accelerate their HPV into cervical cancer.  Next time they won't be so chatty.

I'll be taking these Huggies...and whatever cash ya got.

All this money does make holding up mini-marts like this a little less intriguing.  They were so convenient and so useful when I was living hand to mouth.  Before the dawn of the hackers.

Better gas up now before they cut up my credit card.



1 comment:

  1. Another great read. This gave me a HUGE laugh, as it accompanied the picture: "I told these b*tches to mind their own business. I told them that I can't give it back. I told them that I didn't know what to do."

    ReplyDelete